Tuesday, January 18, 2011

old lady spicy chicken



This recipe is lovingly named "Old lady Spicy Chicken" for the lady whose name we did not get, who gave us this recipe at a party! She was AWESOME and an AMAZING cook! Also it is Kinda fun to say it!
(Also if any of you like the Frank's red hot commercial with the old lady who says, "I put that S*** on everything" .. it makes it all the funnier!)
So onto the recipe!
Ingredients
1 cup of olive oil
1 package of skinless boneless chicken
2 small cans of tomato sauce
Frank's red hot
cayanne pepper
salt and pepper
Start by heating up 1 cup of olive oil in a large sauce pan. Cut up chicken into bite size pieces. Then cook until no longer pink and season with salt and pepper.
Add in the two cans of tomato sauce, Frank's red hot to taste (I can't tell you an exact amount as it depends on how SPICY you like it.. I like a lot so I add about 10 - 15 generous shakes!), and a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes. Let everything come to a boil, then simmer covered for about an hour.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over rice with a salad! Yum-O!
Thanks.
Amie
Pinkapotamus

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Thanks sooo much for featuring my "Old Lady Spicy Chicken"! It was such a wonderful surprise and it made my WHOLE day!
    amie @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to make this just for the name!

    I wonder what people call the recipes I give them, "Nosy lady at Costco" "old lady who clearly eats to much of her to die for cheesecake"

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going on next week's menu!!

    ReplyDelete