Friday, November 19, 2010

Zucchini Boat


Zucchini Boats Recipe




Hi yall!! My name is Emily and I am so excited to be sharing a recipe on Envy My Cooking- what a great blog! Stop by my blog LaForce Be With You for recipes, crafts, home projects, etc... I would absolutely love to have you!




Ingredients: (makes 6 boats)


-3 zucchini


-1 package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed


-3oz cream cheese (I use the neufchâtel cheese since it's reduced fat)


-1 tsp creamy horseradish


-1/2 cup cheddar cheese









Boil zucchini for 8-10 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, drain all the water out of the spinach. Squish ALL the water out with a fork (too wet spinach makes for mushy boats). I have a cute little collinder I use for this.








Once cooled slightly, cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides of the zucchini into a small mixing bowl.








Add spinach, cream cheese, and horseradish to mixing bowl and stir. You may have to chop up the zucchini pieces some so they aren't so chunky.






Fill the "boats" with the mixture. It will be piled on there so there is a mound on top so don't worry about overfilling them.






Top with cheddar cheese. I like to use a little extra since I am such a cheese lovah :)






Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.








These go great with all kinds of foods but I like them with grilled chicked and rice!






So simple but fancy looking and pretty healthy too! You can also use yellow squash for this recipe instead. I hope you enjoy!

1 comment: