Saturday, November 13, 2010

Yummy Cookies!

I found this recipe a couple of years ago in a spice catalog my sis gave me. These cookies are by no means healthy. In fact, I can only make them once in awhile because my whole family loves them and they are gone in mere days. [ And I always double the batch!]. Along with being super addicting [ they are all I can think about when they are sitting in the cookie jar calling my name!] I always end up with a couple of extra pounds by the end of the week. In fact, I'm savoring these cookies as I'm writing this post







Here is the recipe:



Ingredients:
2 sticks butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup regular sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 small box [3.4 oz or so] vanilla instant pudding
1 -12 oz bag chocolate chips
1 cup nuts- optional



Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Add the box of pudding, chocolate chips and nuts. Mix well until blended. Drop on greased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Note: I usually cook mine for about 8 or 9 minutes until they have a hint of browning and they stay very chewy and soft!


Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 8-15 minutes
Yield: 4 dozen

I hope you enjoy these!


~Cheech




I am linked here !

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I came across your blog and couldn't help commenting - these cookies would be awesome for Christmas! I work with the website RecipeLion.com and right now we are looking for awesome Christmas recipes like this. We would love any contributions! If you are interested, let me know -- jlitz@primecp.com. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete