Saturday, November 13, 2010

{{almost}} un-meltable popsicles

I'm AmberLou, and I post every Monday on The Paisley Cupcake

My four year-old loves popsicles.

I hate getting the stains off his face, hands and clothes.





Recently in the grocery store, I saw a box of "slow-melt" popsicles.





My first thought: "Awesome!"





My second thought: "what kind of crazy chemical did they put into these popsicles that is going to {poison} my child?!"





So I read the ingredients. You know what it was?





Gelatin!





My third thought "Holy {cow}, I am making these myself!"





{{almost}} un-meltable popsicles





1 package Jell-O (raspberry for me!)




fruit juice or Kool-aid (I used lemonade)




Make Jell-O according to package directions, but instead of adding cold water, add cold juice or Kool-aid.




Pour into popsicle mold, or do what I did and use 3 oz {Dixie} cups.




Stick in a stick!





Freeze.










Enjoy!




Put {away} the Oxy-Clean. (For now anyways...)



<3 AmberLou




No comments:

Post a Comment