Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Punch



Ingredients


2 bananas
3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/2 gallon (64 oz) fruit punch, chilled
1 1/2 qts rainbow sherbet, softened
1 bottle (2 liters) lemon lime soda



Directions:


Peel and slice the 2 bananas. Cover a plate with plastic wrap. Spread the banana slices out on the plate, cover with another layer of plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 1 hour prior to assembling punch. In a punch bowl, place frozen banana slices, pineapple chunks, and strawberries. Pour in the fruit punch. Using an ice cream scoop, place small scoops of rainbow sherbet on the surface of the punch. Slowly pour the soda into the punch bowl and stir gently with a wooden spoon. A foam cap will rise on the top of the punch. Serve punch with a few fruit pieces and some foamy sherbet in each glass. As sherbet melts, the punch will become thicker, richer, and more delicious.

3 comments:

  1. I really love the color of your punch. This is my first visit to your blog, so I spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete