Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Envy my Find

"Before"




"After"



I found this little piece off craigslist a while ago! It was in really good condition and i only had to tighten up the legs on it! the drawers are so smooth and work so good! The lady i bought it from was so puzzled on why i wanted this so bad! Really? I love it!

I used Krylon "classic gray" spray paint in the glossy finish
and used kylron "white" glossy for the handles!



I first took a rag with a little soap and water and washed it down! It was a little gross/dirty!
I than started sanding it all over!

after i was finished with sanding- i wiped it down again with a rag to make sure all the dust was completly gone!

Now it was ready to be primed. I ended up using kilz spray paint! After letting it dry (which it didn't take long since we live in az) i started to re sand it to get the desk a little smooth again. (sometimes with kilz it will feel a little bumpy if you dont sand it after)

Now it was ready for the spray paint!

I followed brooks advice over at "all things thrifty" she seems to know her stuff about spray paint! Check out her tips/tricks Here

I am so glad its all done and i love the way it turned out!




what do you think?
Will be linking it up here today

2 comments:

  1. I have a dresser that matched the old paint scheme exactly. I remade it so it matched my kitchen and now have extra drawer space. It looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It looks like new! I would love to see you share it on my new link party "Sundae Shake Up". I'm such a big fan of vintage items, and am constantly looking for those who have used vintage patterns to create something new, have fixed vintage items and brought them back to life, etc. I feel this would be a perfect addition to my link party. I hope to see you there!

    Jacque @ Jacque's Soda Parlor

    thesodaparlor.blogspot.com

    P.S. I am having my first giveaway, right now! The winner will receive a 16x20 Custom Family Tree. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete