This recipe actually was started in our family by my Mom who one day needed a quick dessert and gathered items she had to make cheesecake, but had no shell, and used tart shells. They were way better than any of us imagined!
I now LOVE to make them this way. They are portion controlled, easy to serve and easy to make (no worrying about cheesecake cracks!)
2 pkgs. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Then bake your tart shells (empty) for about 5-8 minutes, just to cook them enough so they won't absorb the liquids and be soggy (you'll see they've puffed up a bit after the 5-8 minutes).
- Next, cream the softened cream cheese with the sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until fluffy.
- By now you should have removed your tart shells. In the bottom of the tart shells, sprinkle chocolate chips & skor bits (I did about 5 chips and a tsp of skor bites in each).
- Pour scoops of your cheesecake batter into each until they fill the tart without going over the edging of the tart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove & let cool before serving.
Hope you enjoy this recipe at your next party or just for fun.
from My Momma, To Me, To You!