Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BBQ


Some days I have it together, other days I forget where I put it...so it helps to have a go to recipe that will turn out right every time and require no heroics on my part. With this recipe you can have dinner ready in minutes and that will become more important as the holidays rev up! While it cooks, hunt down a package of instant mashed potatoes, and heat up a veggie. So easy, and yes, the kids will eat it, too.




Throw some boneless chicken thighs in a buttered dish. Sprinkle them with garlic salt and pepper on both sides. (If I don't have garlic salt, I just use salt and garlic powder) Then sprinkle on a little brown sugar on each thigh. Cook at 350 for about 45 minutes.




Chicken thighs cook up juicy - have those mashed potatoes handy to spoon some of the sweet juice over it. YUM. This is an oldie but goodie and a family favorite at my house, lifted straight from the pages of the Compleat I Hate to Cookbook, by Peg Bracken. Try it! And check out her cookbook; she was a very funny lady who had some neat recipes.




No comments:

Post a Comment