Broccoli Chicken Braid
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds
1. Preheat over to 375°F. Mix chicken, broccoli, pepper and garlic in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add shredded cheese to vegetable mixture, mix gently.
3. Add mayonnaise, dill and salt to the mixture and set aside.
4. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of baking sheet. Repeat with the second package of dough. Roll the dough (or gently knead with your fingers) to seal perforations. On longest sides, cut dough into strips 1 ½ inches apart, 3 inches deep. (It will look like a rectangle blanket with tabs along each side.)
5. Spread filling evenly over middle of the dough. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid.
6. Brush egg white over dough. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.
*Don’t be intimidated by this recipe. If the braid seems too complicated, simply roll the dough out flat, lay the chicken mixture in the middle and bring the sides in to create a big ball of dough filled you’re your chicken mixture in the middle.
This recipe was first discovered in The Pampered Chef cookbook, Main Dishes: Recipes at the Heart of Every Meal.
Thanks for letting me share this meal with you? What s your favorite meal so far?
Posted by Cleanna E