- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup cold butter, chopped into 1 in squares
- 1 cup jam (we used peach but any jam is amazing!), really just use as much as you want, enough to coat.
1. In a big bowl, stir the flour, oats, brown sugar and spices until blended.
2. cut in butter (either with pastry blender or two knives) until the mixture forms coarse crumbs the size of peas
3. Remove two cups of the crumb mixture, set aside.
4. press the rest of the crumb mixture into your 9x9
5. spread the jam over the pressed mixture
6. Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs over evenly.
Bake at 325 for about 45-50 minutes
Let it cool....or just scoop it out warm with some ice cream,
You might just die.
(Sugar tip: out of brown sugar?:
1 cup white sugar + 1/4 cup molasses=brown sugar)