Sunday, September 5, 2010

halloween Cinnamon Rolls


Cinnamon Rolls
WHAT'S IN IT?
2 Tablespoons yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar

1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
5 Tablespoons sugar
4 Tablespoons melted butter (mixed with milk to warm milk)
3 1/2 - 4 cups flour

Filling:
melted butter
cinnamon
sugar


WHAT TO DO?
Mix the yeast, water and sugar together and let stand for 10 mins. Melt the butter, and then mix with the milk. Mix remaining ingredients (except the filling) all together (I just do mine in my kitchen-aid) and kneed for 3 minutes. Let rise 20 mins. Roll out dough. Spread on melted butter sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar. Cut 2 inch strips, and roll. Let rise for another 20 minutes. I like my cinnamon rolls not too gooey, so I cover with foil and cook at 400 for about 15 minutes, then cook for an additional 10 minutes, uncovered, or until golden brown. Top with some powdered sugar frosting. If I'm making them for a special occasion, I always dye the frosting different colors to match the holiday! Here is a picture of my orange and purple Halloween SPOOKY cinnamon rolls!

Posted by: Karl A

No comments:

Post a Comment