Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Accidental Apple-Banana Bread

Hi, I'm AmberLou, and I blog on Mondays at The Paisley Cupcake!

My son loves "Manna Bread" (He can say "banana", but for some reason, this bread has a different name. I have given up on trying to understand the logic of a four year old.)

It is summer. It is currently 92 degrees, and much too hot to bake.

But... I had bananas going bad, and E was begging for some Manna Bread.

My recipe calls for 3 bananas, and I only had two! What to do?

I grated up an apple.



Manna-Apple Bread

1 stick margarine
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 smashed bananas
1 grated apple
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda

Cream together margarine and sugar, add wet ingredients, then dry. Bake at 350F for 1 hour (1 loaf) 40 minutes (4 mini loaves) or at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (muffins)

This was my grandmother's banana bread recipe, slightly tweaked.

It turned out sooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment